Factor Game Rules
|The Factor Game Board
- Player A chooses a number on the game board by clicking the mouse
on the number to "color it".
- Using a different color, Player B colors all the proper factors
of Player A's number. The proper factors of a number are all the
factors of that number, except the number itself. For example, the
proper factors of 12 are 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6. Although 12 is a factor
of itself, it is not a proper factor.
- Player B colors a new number, and Player A colors all the factors
of the number that are not already colored.
- The players take turns choosing numbers and coloring factors.
- If a player choses a number that has no factors left that have
not been colored, that player loses a turn and does not get the
points for the number colored.
- The game ends when there are no numbers remaining with uncolored
- Each player adds the numbers that are colored with his or her
color. The player with the greater total is the winner.
Original Applet written by R. Burgis,
modified by S. Keller