How do regular polygons
Click here for instructions.
- To choose the number of sides of the regular polygon that will
be placed next, click on the button to the left of that number at
the top of the window.
- Click anywhere in the blank window to place the first polygon.
- To attach a new polygon to one already placed, choose the number
of sides (see instruction 1) then click near the edge of the polygon
to which you want it attached.
Remember: As you build
the tiling, there should be no gaps and no overlaps.
- As you attach more and more polygons to build a tiling, you will
need to know:
- To remove the last polygon placed, click on the button Undo
Last Polygon .
- To delete a polygon anywhere, select the polygon by clicking
on it and then click the button Delete
- To scale the tiling (make it larger or smaller), use the Zoom
Applet written by Melinda Green and
Don Hatch, modified by S. Keller, Michigan State University
| © 2006 Connected
Mathematics Project, Michigan State University
| If you experience difficulties running this activity
in your browser, please see the browser help
file for advice.