- My child's math class seems different than what I'm used to. What does a typical day look like in a CMP classroom?
- My child says the teacher rarely demonstrates methods. When he is stuck the teacher often asks more questions. Why is this?
- If my child wants help with their homework, is it okay to just tell them my way of doing the problems?
- Is there a general way of helping my child with math no matter which unit we're in?
- I feel like I’ve forgotten a lot of the math I learned in school. How can I help my child?
- Why are there so few worked examples in CMP texts?
- If there are few examples in the student textbook, then what should my child refer to when she is doing homework or studying for tests?
- Why do students work in groups in CMP? How does the teacher know who is doing the work?
- How much algebra is there in CMP? What high school class will my child be ready for after CMP in 8th grade?
- How much geometry is there in CMP? How well does CMP prepare my child for a high school Geometry course?
- It doesn’t seem like my child spends much time practicing skills and procedures, like adding and subtracting fractions, decimals, and negative numbers. Are students in CMP classrooms developing the skills they need?
- Why does my child do so much writing in CMP?
- What is the research basis for CMP's design?
- How does CMP accommodate gifted students?
- How does CMP accommodate students who are English Language Learners?
- How does CMP accommodate students with special needs?