CMP4 Field Testing
You are invited to participate in a field test of Connected Mathematics4 during the 2021-2022 school year.
The cost is FREE to schools, including free virtual professional learning experiences.
Applications are due by May 15, 2021. Accepted candidates will be notified by June 1, 2021.
new features and updates for CMP4
Student Materials. Access to electronic copies of units that can be printed or used digitally.
New SE Features
- New CMP STEM Problem Format: Initial Challenge, What If…?, and Now What Do You Know?
- New problem format promotes students as doers, knowers, creators, and communicators of mathematics
- New and refreshed contexts for students to understand the world and use mathematics to solve problems
- More examples of student thinking as context for promoting student learning
- Problems with embedded card sorts, models, matching, games, and experiments
- Mathematical Reflections guide student understanding with an overarching question
- Decrease in the number of problems by 17-20%. Each Unit has 3-4 Investigations. Each Investigation has 2-4 problems.
Teacher Materials. Access to electronic copies of the teacher resources for each unit.
New TG Features
- New Arc of Learning that frames the development of mathematical understanding for each unit
- Additional support for Launch-Explore-Summarize (LES) phases of instruction
- Alignments between goals, standards, and emerging mathematical understandings
- New Attending to Individual Learning Needs Framework with embedded supports in LES for diverse learners and language development
- New Mathematics Overviews focus on mathematical development of a Unit
- Descriptions of mathematics themes within each grade level and strands across the grades
- More explicit answers to mathematics problems that attend to various strategies and understandings
Assessment Resources. Access to tools for student assessment.
New Assessment Features
- New Formative Assessment Framework emphasizes how formative assessment is ongoing during planning, teaching, and reflecting
- Explicit connections to problem learning goals and emerging student understandings
- Updated checkups, partner quizzes, and tests
Participating teachers will be expected to:
- Participate in professional learning (face-to-face or virtual)
- Provide feedback on units tested. Overview of the CMP4 Units (Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 8) and List of CMP4 Units
- Obtain commitment from school administration to support your efforts
Resources to Learn More About CMP
- Why CMP
- Research Overview