Virtual Professional Development
Teaching CMP During COVID-19 - October 21, 2020. A panel of experienced CMP leaders will discuss teaching during COVID-19 and share insights into teaching CMP in remote or socially distance settings.
Deciding What Content To Teach
- Scope and Sequence - This contains goals for a Unit, standards, how the mathematics connects to prior and future work, and more.
- Focus Question, Unit Goals, and Mathematical Reflections - This two-page document has the questions that provide the storyline for each Unit.
- Framing Technology Choices - This video discusses making critical choices when choosing technology to use in the classroom
Planning for the school year
Six Principles and Strategies for Addressing Unfinished Learning
- stick to grade-level content and instructional rigor
- focus on the depth of instruction, rather than pace
- prioritize content and learning
- maintain the inclusion of each and every learner
- identify and address gaps in learning through instruction
- focusing on the commonalities that students share in this time of crisis
Supporting Grade Transitions through Strategie Instruction
The mathematical priorities that they recommend identify knowledge and skills from prior grade spans most needed—and most likely to show up as unfinished learning—as students engage in grade-level work.
THREE AREAS WITH SERIOUS IMPLICATIONS FOR EQUITABLE ACCESS TO HIGH-QUALITY MATHEMATICS TEACHING AND LEARNING
What are the equitable structures that will best support students?
What planning and teaching practices will best support students?
How can we humanize mathematics teaching and learning?
Engage in four sessions of professional learning led by Kathy Dole, a highly skilled and well respected Connected Mathematics Project facilitator.
Participants will have the opportunity to dig into grade-specific Units and pedagogy while networking with colleagues from around the state.
Michigan State University Outreach and Engagement offers ideas for working remotely with school age students.