How do you convince students to work together?
From the 2010 Users' Conference
Presented by Yvonne Grant, Teri Keusch, and Jim Mamer
Questions asked by Ryan Hoffman (a student teacher in a CMP classroom)
A beginning CMP teacher and a professor who works with beginning CMP teachers ask questions of long-time CMP teachers.
- Is it important all groups share their work in the summary?
- How do I get away from helping too much?
- What do you do when students get wrong answers?
- How do you decide what to assign for homework and how to grade it?
- How do you use notebooks, especially for learners?
- What do you do with students who finish ahead of others?