What do you do when students get wrong answers?
From the 2010 Users' Conference
Presented by Teri Keusch, and Jim Mamer
Questions asked by Jill Newton (assistant professor at Purdue University who supervisors student teachers)
A beginning CMP teacher and a professor who works with beginning CMP teachers ask questions of long-time CMP teachers.
- How do you convince students to work together?
- Is it important all groups share their work in the summary?
- How do I get away from helping too much?
- How do you use notebooks, especially for low level learners?
- How do you decide what to assign for homework and how to grade it?
- What do you do with students who finish ahead of others?