Goals for CMP3 Henri and Emile's Race, Problem 2.1
Linear Relationships Recognize problem situations in which two variables have a linear relationship.
- Odentify and describe the patterns of change between the independent and dependent variables for linear relationships represented by tables, graphs, equations, or contextual settings
- Construct tables, graphs, and symbolic equations taht represent linear relationships
- Identify the rate of change between two variables and the x- and y-intercepts from graphs, tables, and equations that represent linear relationships.
- Translate information about linear relationships given in a contextual setting, a table, a graph, or an equation to one of the other forms
- Write equations that represent linear relationships given specific pieces of information, and describe what information the variables and numbers represent
- Make a connection between slope as a ratio of vertical distance to horizontal distance between two points on a line and the rate of change between two variables that have a linear relationship
- Recognize that y = mx represents a proportional relationship
- Solve problems and make decisions about linear relationships using information given in tables, graphs, and equations